Generator Paralleling with MPS
Improved efficiency, faster installation and commissioning, redundancy- the advantages are many with the Generac Modular Power System (MPS). Historically speaking, paralleling gensets was a complicated business requiring expensive controls and switchgear. The Modular Power System combines smaller genset nodes in a parallel arrangement, using integrated controls and switching in a factory tested solution. When demand grows scaling up output is easy and at a significantly lower cost than using traditional non-integrated switchgear. The individual nodes in the MPS system can vary in kW rating, which allows the system design to more closely match load demand or growth. The nodes can also use different fuels allowing even greater redundancy levels if needed.
- Redundancy: in most applications, the loads that require the highest degree of reliability are only a percentage of the generator’s total capacity. Generac provides N+1, N+2, and more, offering up to 99.999% reliability.
- Reduced Space Requirements: using smaller kW generators offers greater weight distribution making rooftop installations more feasible. These generators are also shorter and more compact so locating them in parking garages becomes a possibility.
- Serviceability: a single unit can be taken out of service for maintenance while other units remain available.
- Flexibility: gensets can be added to a current system depending on growth. This allows owners to make a smaller initial investment and scale accordingly based on increased power demands
- Fuel Redundancy: while some applications require diesel generators to meet on-site fuel requirements, Generac’s diesel generators can be paralleled with our natural gas or bi-fuel generators for significantly expanded runtimes.
- Fully Tested: Generac’s factory test lab ensures unsurpassed peace of mind